The Education Bureau has announced the early start of the Chinese New Year holidays due to concerns over influenza for all kindergartens and primary schools starting 8th February.
NIS will have the following arrangements:
– The Chinese New Year holidays will start on 8th February and students will return to school on 26th February.
– NIS Kindergarten and Primary School will be open for those families who cannot provide supervision for their child at home between 8th February-14th February. If possible, please contact the office to let us know if you need to drop your child off at school during this period (or for certain days) so we can make accommodations.
* Drop-off and pick-up times at the Kindergarten will remain the same as the start and end times for the AM/PM classes. At the primary school, you can drop your child off at 8:45am and pick them up at 3:15pm.
* The School Bus and Hot Lunch Services are suspended during this time so you need to find an alternate way of travel, and your child must bring his/her own lunch.
– Teachers will assign Home Learning for your child for those suspended days of school.
During the holidays, parents should note the following measures to keep your child healthy:
– To maintain good personal hygiene and cover nose and mouth while sneezing or coughing and wash hands thoroughly afterwards;
– To maintain good indoor ventilation;
– To build up good body immunity by maintaining a balanced diet, exercising regularly and taking adequate rest; and
– To avoid going to crowded or poorly ventilated public places
Please contact the office should you have any questions or concerns. We hope you have a healthy, happy and blessed CNY this year.